Friday, August 3, 2007
Please be simple
I think I should elaborate a little more about the beginning of what I talked about yesterday. The human and national perspective... See I'm reading this book that basically informs readers that all of our major policies that we have been taught have saved our nation, have really caused destruction in every corner of the world. The cold war and the reagan doctrine are what I've finished so far. Thinking about the millions that have died and the millions living horrible lives in misery because of these two great aspects of our culture, leads to me to believe that being a proud american is a putrid thing. So yesterday, when I said that caring about America isn't wrong, I may have been wrong not to say that caring about America and its means of survival mean we care nothing about the millions that die for it. And not die in a glorious war, but die because of the reverberations caused by our prideful policies. Fighting communism and terror are just guises for getting whatever the fuck we want, from whoever we want, whenever we want. We had very imperialistic motives at the turn of the 20th and into it, but really, what has happened that has changed any of that? We fought two wars that were necessary in terms of fighting evil, but that doesn't mean that we have become an honorable nation. The constitution and the efforts of the forefathers, the world wars and 9/11, have coaxed us into thinking that maybe we are a great nation; maybe we are. But if great nations cause misery for just about every other nation since its inception, then yeah, we are great. Or maybe we are great because we have and founded freedom (indigenous nations established it long before whites did). But we have a freedom built on markets. This means that markets have the freedom to go fucking crazy when it comes to making money, and though we have laws to regulate ways the money is made, it is still a free for all. We are free to be poor as shit too, free to be absolutely miserable. Jack Welch, the former CEO of General Electric was fired by his company because of a deal shot to death by the EU. In the wake of this deal's undoing, he began an affair that forced his wife's hand to leave him, but leaving with a shit load of his fortune. As laywers began to dig into the exact expenses, there were on an annual basis, 14 million dollars missing from the GE budget. Poof! out of thin air. They found that on travel expenses alone, Mr. and Mrs. Welch were spending $290,000 monthly. Once Jack Welch, a hero of the free trade world, was finally let go of, it saved GE stock holders 2.5 million monthly also. He was given a 10 million dollar flat in manhattan and alotted 7.5 million to furnish it. Now a future capatilst reading this may say, shit, he worked his way to the top, give the man a clap. When I say he was a hero of the free trade world, it was no understatement. Even before his retirement, business schools studied his techniques. 10 mil here, 10 mil there, being thrown around like a football, may seem like the american dream. But there is a dream inside the hearts of every other american that gets by on dollars a day. Work hard, get a degree, make something of yourself. Everyone other american can rot in their slums. But without even mentioning the poor in this country, the ones who are forced by regional, political, and intelectual limits to never make anything of themselves, there are others I'm talking about - they happen to be everyone else in the world. The Cold War was an extremely important part in our history. Fighting the evil of communism was top priority for half a century. Though we still talk about to this day, no one realizes that two big honchos, America and the USSR, facing off, aiming nukes at eachother, and vying to influence other countries with their doctrines, happened to be played out on a world stage. Let's put it this way. Team American Eagles, the all-star football team threw a major fuckin party bro. But their rivals, last years all state, the Russian Reds, showed up and a fun loving food fight and mascot stealing and house wrecking party ensued. When all was said and done, mom and dad's house was trashed! But, in our most important case of modern history, mom and dad's house was every other country besides Russia and America. Shit everywhere, people dead, governments toppled, and cultures ravished and destroyed, all to maintain the greatness and purity of Freedom. Once the scope of our global damage was fully realized in my mind, I felt entirely comfotable thinking from a human perspective, instead of a national one. I would like to know how the products I buy, and the lifestyle I live, is fucking up some other part of the world. I would like to know that my freedom is paid for by not just the blood of soldiers, but the blood of lands and people so far away and so much greater than myself. So should every American.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment